Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Daily Bite: Ravish

As part of Family Food Fest 2014, we went to Ravish. I actually heard about Ravish on Eastlake from my bank teller. I was asking her what plans she had for the weekend, and for her anniversary she was going to Ravish, as it was one of her favorite restaurants. It turned out to be an excellent recommendation, and the food was outstanding.

We started off with the grilled watermelon salad with pine nuts and feta cheese. What's not to love? I love watermelon ✓, pine nuts ✓, and feta cheese ✓!  For an appetizer, we also had the grilled artichoke, which was tasty, but hard to eat and there wasn't much heart to it. For entrées we ordered the seared halibut with raised rooftop greens and corn relish; the dungeness crab cake with Hill's applewood bacon, cypress grove chévre and dates in a balsamic reduction sauce; and finally, the Pancetta 3-Cheese Mac & Cheese with rosemary cheddar, parmesan, bleu cheese, crispy pancetta, bechamel, bread crumbs and truffle oil.

My husband loves crab cakes and mac & cheese, so he throughly enjoyed those dishes. The mac & cheese was my favorite. It did not disappoint! It had so many amazing flavors, not unlike a symphony, but for your mouth (is that weird? Nah, I'm going with it). It was defiantly a symphony for your mouth!


No comments:

Post a Comment